I am hoping to be able to do some presentations about delphix in the near future. I am currently building a test rig in order to accomplish this. I do not have the best laptop in the world but I think I will be able to make this work. Here is what I am doing.
I will use VirtualBox to spin up a few VMs.
1. Server 2012 Domain Controller / SQL Server
2. Server 2012 Core SQL Server
3. Delphix Server
This will allow me to do a few things.
1. Play with Server 2012 and Server 2012 Core.
2. Play with SQL Server running on Server 2012 Core
3. Push Delphix to the limit as they do not currently support Server 2012 or SQL Server 2012 and certainly not SQL Server running on Server 2012 Core.
4. Play with powershell 3.0 to interface with Delphix via JSon.
If I can get the domain set up and get the Core server put on the domain, SQL Server installed and working, and Delphix up and running, and if it all works and plays nice together, then I will try to present on SQL Server Database Virtualization using Delphix. I hope to be able to present at local user group, SQL Saturday (wherever I can make it), and Virtual Chapters. Then if that all goes well, perhaps I can get into a con. I think this technology is going to be a game changer for many companies, it will save money and time. this will make the job of the DBA much easier to manage. I will let you know how it goes throughout my build and I hope that I will be able to present this to you sometime. Perhaps, if anyone is interested, we can set up a google hangout or something for me to show this off.