Posted by: Ryan Shopp
Application monitoring, CMDB, DataCenter, IT Process Automation, ITIL, OSS, RBA, Run Book Automation, Virtualization
Thanks for all your feedback and insights during this months postings. Keep them coming!
Development of Data Center Automation Blueprint (DCAB)
- Digging into the DCAB’s functional areas: Configuration & Change – provisioning, patching, deployment, auditing, etc.
- Digging into the DCAB’s functional areas: Security & Protection – variety of proactive & reactive approaches
- Digging into the DCAB’s functional areas: Process Orchestration - automation across silos
- What are the most desired features in IT Process Orchestration (e.g., RBA) – discussion on key features
- Digging into the DCAB’s functional areas: Resource Reconciliation – CMDB, Asset Mgmt, etc.
Discussions beyond the DCAB functional areas
- Came across a great BSM blog series in process – the quest for the ultimate heads-up display for CxO’s
- Will virtualization end world hunger, bring down gas prices? – no, but it is important for the world of DCA.
Overall DCA Trends and Observations
- Data Center Automation 2008 perspectives – discussion on some year end and looking ahead topics.
- Cisco & BMC? Why IT fears ITIL? – pondering a couple articles I read after the holidays brought these topics up.
- Innovations and evolutions in Performance Management – discussions about performance management beyond reporting
Current events in DCA
- Quick Monday Summary of events from last week/weekend - Some current events around Open Source and APM
- Couple recent notes on CMDB, aka Resource Reconciliation – other write-ups and some awards in the category
Keep the feedback and conversations flowing. As I’ve mentioned before I just enjoy learning and talking about the innovation occurring in DCA…I’m really hoping and attempting to facilitate dialog from vendors and customers alike on various topics. So don’t be shy, create an ID and leave some thoughts/comments!