I’ve never really been big on New Years Resolutions as it seems that I, like most people, have found that making such resolutions hasn’t made a difference for me. However as I find myself plowing full-speed ahead into 2008 I thought it might be appropriate for me to at least identify a handful of areas within which (perhaps) I could look at “improving”. Upon further thought, I realized that I am certainly not alone when it comes to failed resolutions, or areas where I might be able to do better. Hence I share with others my thoughts on some areas of development which I believe could provide a positive impact on my performance as a developer — and probably others around me.
A Developers New Year Resolutions
- I will embrace learning
- There are many times that the rapidly-changing development environment seems to be a burden. There is always something new to learn.
- I vow to remember that learning is powerful and I truly love learning.
- I will document
- Nobody is standing over me to see if I document areas about which questions can arise
- documenting will save time – minimize mistakes – “Why Not do it?”
- I will communicate
- with other developers
- with my clients
- with those around me who say “Get a Life!”
- I will PLAN
- testing to be done on code I produce
- my work – and “work” my plan!
Happy New Year to All!