Posted by: Tony Bradley
conference management, Exchange Server, invite, Live Meeting, meeting, OCS 2007 R2, Office Communications Server, schedule, Web Scheduler
Microsoft recently released Web Scheduler for Office Communications Server 2007 R2. The Web Scheduler provides a web-based interface for conference management functions giving users the ability to:
- Schedule a new Live Meeting conference or conference call
- View and modify details of an existing conference.
- List schedules of all existing user of a Microsoft Office conference.
- Delete an existing conference.
- Send an e-mail invitation to conference participants using a configured SMTP mail server.
- Join an existing conference.
The Web Scheduler is an ASP.Net application and must be installed on the same Internet Information Services (IIS) server that the OCS 2007 R2 Web Components are running on.
Web Scheduler requires OCS 2007 R2. The ability to send email meeting invites requires an SMTP server- ostensibly Microsoft Exchange Server, but others will due.