Posted by: Tony Bradley
conversation, Exchange 2010, ignore, nicknames, Outlook Mobile, voicemail transcript, Windows Mobile 6.1, Windows Mobile 6.5
I have been using the Technical Preview of Microsoft Office 2010 for a few months now and I have to say I like it. I am particularly fond of the changes in Outlook like the ability to view by conversation– which includes all messages in the thread inbound and outbound– as well as the ability to ignore message threads that are of no interest.
So, I am looking forward to having that same functionality on my mobile phone. New Windows Mobile 6.5 devices will include the functionality, and it is also available via download for older Windows Mobile 6.1 devices.
In addition to the conversation view and ignoring threads, some other notable features of the updated Outlook Mobile with Exchange 2010 include:
- ability to see which messages have been replied to or forwarded
- email account nicknames used in Outlook follow you in Outlook Mobile
- voicemail messages play directly from message like in Outlook rather than as an MP3 attachment
- voicemail trasncript can be viewed in the body of the message rather than playing audio
- capable of getting free/busy information from Exchange Server