Posted by: Tony Bradley
IP telephony, UC, Unified Communications, VoIP
Get a Single Solution to Improve Call Processing at Your Local and Remote Sites
For dozens of years large enterprises deployed hardware attendant consoles to save effort for incoming call processing. With VoIP technologies all features of traditional consoles were transferred to software-based ones. Thus an operator can use such consoles of the both types to get incoming calls from several phone lines and route them to appropriate employees. However a software-based attendant console can help you also support:
- Quick employee/phone number search
- Quick text/voice messaging
- Call recording
- An intelligent call queuing
Moreover the foremost benefit, that a software-based console provides you with, is a remote team/at-home operator support.
Your benefits: you can deploy a single solution that integrates the advantages of many separate IP telephony applications to help your local and remote teams process incoming calls in the most effective way instead of purchasing several solutions for each site and thus save your money.
In some cases, you may need only some of the above features. Then you can get the demanded facility with a separate application, for example, a call recording application.
Get an Exact Picture of Your Customer Interactions
Call recording applications usually provide you with possibility to record all/selected conversations and manage these records.
Your benefits: A call recording application can help you:
- Settle a dispute with a client
- Get an exact picture of customer interactions
- Monitor and improve customer service quality
- Analyze a conversation with a colleague/partner
In particular, many companies prefer recording conference calls.
Save Time and Money for Communications with Effective Phone Meetings
You can use audio/video conferencing software to set up phone meetings with multiple local and remote participants in the most effective way:
- Plan meetings and send invitations
- Automatically connect conference call participants at the prescribed time
- Re-dial users if a connection is broken
- Share the documents
- Record a conference session
- Send chosen participants text messages
- Organize a polling among conference call participants
- Limit the number of full-duplex users (when tens/hundreds users participate in a conference call) and thus both avoid noise and prevent interruption
- Connect to the current conference call new participants, who use IP/mobile/analogue phones or 3rd party web-conferencing solutions (such as Skype, WebEx, etc.)
(Note that conferencing solutions from different vendors provide various capabilities.)
Your benefits: With conference software you can:
- Organize effectively the joint work of your remote team members
- Conduct meetings with tens and even hundreds of participants
- Save on equipping special meeting rooms
To save time on conference call gathering, you can send participants automatic invitations/notifications right from your IP phone, using an appropriate XML service.
About the Author
Alexander Anoshin is the author of the book, “The Connected Enterprise”, from which you can learn how to reinforce your enterprise with VOIP. Alexander is the CEO of BCS-IT, which specializes in enterprise VoIP software development.