Today’s economy requires any business to use all the enterprise resources most effectively. An IP telephony network is not an exception. This four-part series will provide 12 tips to show you how you can:
- Automate client request processing and release your staff to fulfill more complicated tasks with a voice portal
- Save your client time wasted waiting for the answer with an IVR application
- Smooth out call peak hours and increase your sales with queuing software
- Decrease time wasted searching for an appropriate specialist to process a client call with an SBR solution
- Save your time and effort to check messages in numerous sources with unified messaging and voice mail service
- Save your employee time on daily communications with a presence service
- Get a single solution to improve call processing at your local and remote sites
- Get an exact picture of your customer interactions and define the ways to improve them with a call recording application
- Save time and money for communications with audio- videoconference software
- Cut your expenses for equipment by using IP phones instead of PCs with XML services
- Decrease your employee telecom costs with call-accounting software
- Reduce your VoIP network maintenance expenses with IP telephony management solutions
Save Your Effort on Client Request Processing
With a voice portal you can process automatically up to 80% of incoming calls: your clients can log into the system with their passwords and then, in accordance with their access rights, retrieve the information from your databases or request certain actions to be performed.
Your benefits: by providing this self-serving facility you can
- Help your clients considerably reduce time spent getting information/managing their personal accounts
- Release your staff to process more complicated requests
To save your client time you can also deploy an IVR application.
Help Your Clients Waste Less Time Waiting for the Answer
An IVR application provides you with ability to:
- Process queued calls (play music, pre-recorded messages and information on the estimated remaining waiting time), when all operators are busy
- Route an incoming call to an appropriate operator by using information entered by a caller in the tone mode
- Provide a caller with access to pre-recorded voice messages and information retrieved from your databases (such as a caller’s bank account balance or currency exchange rates) by using pre-defined menu buttons.
Your benefits: you can help your clients save their time wasted waiting for the answer.
Another tool to improve incoming call processing is queuing software.
Smooth Out Call Peak Hours and Increase Your Sales
If you need to process a large amount of incoming calls and guarantee your clients that they will always receive a timely response from your client service, use virtual queuing software. With this software your client can leave his/her contact information and return to his/her business while an available operator will automatically call him/her back.
Your benefits: virtual queuing software can help you:
- Save your client time
- Compose an effective calling plan and thus improve your sales staff productivity
- Increase your sales by reducing the number of missed calls.
If you wish to enhance these advantages and automatically pass incoming calls to employees with required skills, then you can rely on skill-based routing software.
About the Author
Alexander Anoshin is the author of the book, “The Connected Enterprise”, from which you can learn how to reinforce your enterprise with VOIP. Alexander is the CEO of BCS-IT, which specializes in enterprise VoIP software development.