From Silos to Services: Cloud Computing for the Enterprise:

November, 2012


November 26, 2012  10:00 AM

Enterprise IT: The 80/20 Budget Dilemma (Part I)



Posted by: Brian Gracely
Budgeting, Cloud Computing, Costs, Data Center, Shadow IT

[This is the first in a series of blogs focused on strategies to address the 80/20 Budget Dilemma in Enterprise IT] It’s widely acknowledged that the majority of IT organizations spend about 80% of their budget to maintain existing applications, leaving only 20% of the budget left for...

November 22, 2012  12:21 AM

“Lock-In”: More than just Vendors, Standards and Open-Source



Posted by: Brian Gracely
Cloud Computing, Data Center, Google, Henry Ford, Licensing, Open Source, OpenStack

A funny thing happened on the way to the next wave in IT technology - Cloud Computing - people seemed to want combine the portability of a time-machine with the


November 12, 2012  11:00 AM

Why the Hype about SDN?



Posted by: Brian Gracely
Cisco, Cloud Computing, Costs, Data Center, Open Source, OpenFlow, Software-Defined Networking, VMware

So far this year, we've seen a number of...


November 5, 2012  11:00 AM

Two Views of OpenStack – From Beginners to Experts



Posted by: Brian Gracely
Cloud Computing, Data Center, Open Source, OpenStack, VMware

This past week I had the opportunity to have two very distinct conversations about OpenStack, the evolving open-source cloud computing project. One from the


Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: