Are you a current user or Qwest, are you considering changing to Qwest, or do you just want to stay up to date on the telecom industry? If so, you will be interested in this.
IDC Research recently released their 2007 Vendor Profile of Qwest, entitles “Targeting the Enterprise, Qwest Reshapes Its Strategy. This 15 page reports runs for $3500. (w0w) But, don’t worry, I’m not suggesting you pay that for a 15 page report. (And if you have a spare $3500 for a 15 page report just let me know and I will write one for you).
To save you the time and trouble of trying to obtain and read this let me give you a little synopsis…
- Qwest is trying to become more business-oriented
- The reorganization by Qwest to refocus on the enterprise is good for potential customers, like you and I
- Qwest won and participated in the Government’s Networx contract.
- Qwest is moving into metro markets in the US
- Qwest is trying to improve processes, train employees, and improve customer support
- Qwest has a nationwide fibre MPLS backbone in 48 states
- It is trying to expand metro Ethernet into 32 markets
- Qwest made $593 million in 2006 and business so far in 2007 has been basically flat
- Qwest says that 95% of the Fortune 500 are its clients
Overall, according to the analysis, Qwest is a strong company and the have a lot of opportunities ahead that can demonstrate their capabilities. The new CEO needs to ensure that the company stays in the right direction.
My personal feelings on Qwest are that they have come a long long way since they were US West. My poor experience was with their local techs. In the last 5 or so years, I have become increasingly pleased with their local techs and their local salespeople. The company seems to have strong offerings that can be very tempting at times. I have heard that they have had trouble with their Inegrated Access Nationwide VoIP network that they offer to businesses. I hope that they can stabilize that because their integrated access VoIP / Internet solution is a nice offering.
What is your take on Qwest? Love em’ or Hate em’? Do you use them? Please post your comments here!
Personal Website: HappyRouter.com – home of Cisco how-to articles & videos
HappyRouter Cisco VMware Workstation & Server Video Training Series
HappyRouter Cisco CCNA & CCNP Video Training Series