Posted by: David Davis
LanSweeper, network, protcool alayzer, scanner
One of the best free network hardware and software inventory applications out there is LanSweeper. Recently, they have begun to offer a free edition.
What does it do for you? Lansweeper is a powerful freeware solution (without any embedded ads) that performs a complete software, hardware, computer inventory of your windows network.
Here are the features of LanSweeper:
- Automatic computer inventory of all your Windows clients.
- No need to install an agent on your workstations. Scanning is triggered when a user logs on.
- Active Directory user and computer details.
- Reports on custom Registry Keys and custom File Information.
- Find unauthorised software, unknown processes, browser hijacks.
- Scan used software, track licenses.
- Build you own custom reports.
- All information is stored in SQL server (or in the free SQL Express version)
You can download LanSweeper for free at this website.