I am pleased to announce that 8 of the top 30 Searchnetworking.com articles of 2007 were written by – who? – David Davis!
As these were so popular, I hope that you will check them out! Here is the list:
3. Screencast: Configuring VLANs by David Davis
VLANs are a convenient way to connect ports from different switches and different buildings onto the same network and broadcast domain, preventing the need for a complex system of subnets. Learn how to configure a VLAN in this step-by-step, automated, 15-minute demo.
2. Cisco wireless access point configuration from scratch by David Davis
Learn what the Cisco 1242 wireless access point can do for you and how to configure one from scratch.
4. Configure Cisco wireless bridges for point-to-point networking by David Davis
Point-to-point wireless bridging is ideal for many business networks. In this tip, learn how point-to-point wireless bridging can help you, the pros and cons of using it, and the configuration of the Cisco wireless bridges that make it work.
1. How routers work by David Davis
Learn how routers use routing tables to direct IP packets, find the best route to a destination, modify Ethernet packets with their MAC addresses, and perform encapsulation, or convert protocols, to route traffic through your network.
3. Network summarization — Supernetting and wildcard masks by David Davis
Network engineers need to understand supernetting, how to read routes received from other providers and how to create an access list that references these multiple networks in a single summarized statement. In this tip, you’ll learn more about the IP addressing-related topics of network summarization, supernetting and wildcard masks.
9. Screencast: Hardening your router — Increasing security with ACLs by David Davis
Learn how to harden your router in this step-by-step, automated, ten-minute demo. Expert David Davis walks you through the steps you’ll need to take to use Cisco IOS access control lists (ACLs) to define and filter traffic for increased network security.
7. Configure network monitoring for optimal performance by David Davis
Learn how to optimize network performance monitoring settings so that the monitoring system conserves bandwidth and takes into account the optimal performance of the network.
8. Using VMware to test open source network analysis tools by David Davis
Find out how open source network analysis tools can be beneficial to your network monitoring strategy, and learn how you can try out the open source network protocol analyzer Wireshark inside a VMware Player Guest OS.