I have a sister- in-law that I have know for a long time. Her name is Suzette, at least that is what I always thought. For years I have called her Suzette because that is what everyone calls her. I just came to find out that her name is not Suzette, but rather Mary. I guess her mother’s name was Mary and to avoid confusion, they called her by her middle name.
I guess this isn’t as uncommon as I thouught. There are many people who go through life known by a name other than their given name. It maybe as simple as someone named Robert going by the name Bob. This is the very reason Unity and Unity Connection allow you to create alternate names for users. By adding an alternate name, the user can be found in the directory under that name. Below are the steps to add alternate names to Unity and Unity Connection.
1. Access the Unity administration web interface and select Subscribers>Subscribers.
2. Search for the user you want to add an alternate name to by clicking the Find icon.
3. Select Alternate Names from the left side of the screen.
4. Enter the first and last name in the appropriate fields and click Add.
5. Click the Save icon.
1. Access the Unity Connection Administration web interface and select Users>Users>.
2. Using the search function locate the user you want to manage.
3. Navigate to Edit>Alternate Names.
4. Enter the first and last name in the appropriate fields and click Add New.
5. Click Save.