Twiddling your thumbs waiting for the iPad 3 launch? We’ve got scoop on the hottest tidbits from around the Web, including a bit of a sticky situation for Google and the creepy potential of big data.
• Cross this off your Christmas list: The iPad 3 launch will be sometime in 2012.
• Nietzsche said that when you look into the void, it looks back. Gartner analyst Andrea Di Maio asks the same question of big data.
• Proof that too big can be a bad thing: Google will face a Senate antitrust panel, as its growth is raising some eyebrows.
• Small businesses think they’re innovative, but maybe they’re just fooling themselves. A new study suggests that few small businesses bring anything truly new to the marketplace and instead merely improve upon an existing service.
• Dreaming of a day when your computer can read your mind? That day might be sooner than you think.