IT channel products distributor Tech Data has established an new industry solutions unit for the healthcare sector. It also has focused technical resources on a center populated with Symantec products.
The new Healthcare Specialized Business Unit will represent tools that help resellers and IT solution providers break into healthcare accounts. It inclueds the following:
- Server, storage, virtualization, and power and cooling technologies that can serve as the underpinning for electronic medical records solutions
- Mobility products that address the need for clinical professionals to roam many different points of care throughout a given day
- Security solutions that address privacy and compliance concerns, as well as those focused on physical security applications
- Content management software and information capture devices
- Digital signage
Business resources include the following:
- The TechMed Solutions Pavilion, which is about one-third of its existing solutions center
- The TechMed Web Resource Center, which includes practice development information
- A grant service that will help resellers figure out which customer prospects might be eligible for federal or state money
- TechMed Event Series, include real-world and virtual seminars and events
Aside from the healthcare resources, Tech Data also has opened a Symantec Solutions Center within its main 6,000-foot solutions demonstration facility. The focus is on the vendor’s security and data-protection products including:
Symantec Endpoint Protection
Symantec Backup Exec
Symantec Backup Exec System Recover
Symantec Enterprise Vault
The Altiris Client Management Suite
Symantec Data Loss Protection
Tech Data resellers can use the new solutions center for demonstrations as well as customer training.
Check out more IT channel news on SearchITChannel.com.