Wondering how much you might be able to garner for your company’s onsite services? You might want to peek at the OnForce Services Marketplace Index for some pricing insight. It will let you know what your services might be work OR what you might be up against in terms of downward bidding.
OnForce is an online marketplace that represents something around 13,000 onsite service technicians. Companies and individuals can use this community to request personnel for their service needs, including installations and break-fix work.
It should not surprise you to hear that approximately 63 percent of all the jobs handled by OnForce during the second quarter were break-fix related. But here are some other findings:
- Average work orders related to voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) projects declined to $271 from $359. (Sounds like more VARs can claim that skillset.)
- Hourly rates for Home Theatre service were higher than those for other consumer electronics categories.
- Houston, Chicago and New York were the most active cities.
- Kentucky, West Virginia and Maryland saw their prices bid down the most.
- Massachusetts logged noteworthy increases in services pricing.
You can download the entire report by visiting this link.