Posted by: Brein Matturro
IT buyer market research, Reseller channel business development
In a recent interview about Business Process Management Solution (BPMS) channel opportunities, industry expert AndreTruong said that BPMS hasn’t hit the mainstream yet but presents fruitful future possibilities.
According to the report, Forrester defines digital business architecture: as “an IT architecture centered on business metadata on which IT solutions act in a unified and consistent way to deliver rapid business change.” The report then lays out two core requirements for the technology supporting digital business architecture:
- Business policies must be constructed in such a metadata friendly way, which will make it easy for it to be electronically stored, accessed and manipulated.
- The metadata must work consistently across heterogeneous environments.
The report touts BPMS solutions as creating a “major paradigm shift” by capturing business models “…inside the BPMS solution in an executable format, providing direct alignment between business design, technology implementation and business measurements.” Furthermore, BPMS’s graphical process model makes it easy to change processes.
The following bullet points are a boiled down version of Forrester’s findings:
BPMS allows standards-based, model-driven, design, development and execution:
- Captures business process flows
- Supports model-driven development
- Enables process orchestration
- Stores service definition
- Provides SOA infrastructure
BPMS features add value:
- Captures business metadata beyond process models
- Stores business metadata
- Provides real-time user visibility into business process
BPMS features support digital business architecture including:
- Integrated analytics and inside business intelligence
- Complex event processing (CEP)
BPMS puts the business in digital business architecture:
- Increased business collaboration in process modeling
- Enhanced communication between business units and BTs.
- Alignment of business process role-models
- Allows flexible adjustment of business rules
- Improved focus on business process ownership
Are you a BPMS consultant, or are you interested in becoming one? Are you a business-owner with BPMS experiences? If so, we would love to hear from you.