when relevant content is
added and updated.
Not a great presentation can be just made by an impulse on an office desktop. You probably catch an excellent idea to strengthen your presentation on the road home or far far away from your workspace. Turn your car back in the highway long queue? Internet is born to help people build the virtual bridge anywhere anytime. Microsoft Office Live revealed its Workspace Beta months ago to response the challengers, especially Google Docs.
As a part of Office Live, the Workspace is just an online companion to Microsoft Office or a free SharePoint Lite for everyone. Besides its only 250 MB storage, the Workspace doesn’t offer an online presentation editor within a Web page like Google Docs but launching your installed Microsoft PowerPoint to do the editing. I really don’t prefer this idea. Actually the only flashpoint of the Workspace to me, is the official support of PowerPoint 2007 documents, while Google Docs cannot make that. Despite ThinkFree Office also supports Office 2007 X files, its Java Applet application seems unfriendly to explore.
Referring to the article Five Reasons Google Docs Beats Office Live Workspace (believe me, it’s not Google’s promotion essay), we can know that, Google really helps, while Microsoft just takes the popular Web 2.0 to promote Microsoft Office:
1. Office Live Workspace Does Not Allow You To Create And Edit Documents Within A Web Page. Google Docs Does;
2. Microsoft Office Live Workspace Has A 250 MB 1,000 Average Office Documents Limitation. Google Docs Does Not;
3. Microsoft’s Office Live WorkSpace Is VaporWare. Google Docs is Real;
4. You’re Better Off Trusting Google Than Microsoft When It Comes To Web 2.0 Security Issues;
5. Office Live Workspace Is Optimized For Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint Data. Google Is Optimized For Web 2.0.
I have to state that I use and like Microsoft Office as well as Google Docs. Google Docs also has drawback, such as its online async due to Internet delay. And Live Workspace is not a white elephant because of its official development support. Everyone can benefit from the rivalry to keep your continuous inspiration efficiently over Internet.