Posted by: EmNichs
Bing, Brand Management, Branding, Conference, Email Marketing, Event Marketing, Google, Mobile Marketing, Online Marketing, PR, Product Marketing, Public Relations, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Strategies (SES) is taking a page or two from their speaker’s marketing books. You know you’re at a marketing conference when you see the very tactics to engage the audience that are being preached about in the sessions.
Some of the engagement practices I’m seeing at SES 2011 include:
- Connected Marketing Week mobile app where you can review speakers and presentations from your phone, among other things
- Facebook page with infographics and speaker presentations
- An interactive wall with schedules of the show and TV screens, including a Twitter feed display
- Codes on every presentation template for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, etc to increase their UGC and link-building
- A contest for the audience, whoever tweets the most with hashtag #sessf gets free books
- Speakers interacting with the crowd, giving away books and candy
- SES has rights to all presentations so audience members can get content after show directly from them
Some other engagement tactics included at the show were multiple speed networking sessions throughout the day called Speed Connect, a cocktail hour following the final session of the day, and Webmaster Radio’s Search Bash.
Do you have an event coming up? Are you planning to exhibit? Think about all the different ways to engage the show audience. If you sponsor, your logo will be everywhere. There are ads on the walls, ads on the floors, electronic ads, print ads, magazines, one pagers, buttons, pens, keychains, t-shirts, bags…anything you can think of, it was at the show. There are so many opportunities to promote your brand besides just having a booth in the exhibit hall.
For those Search, Social Media, and Online marketing professionals out there that couldn’t make it to the show this year, I highly recommend you keep an eye out for the next SES Conference & Expo that comes to your town.