Posted by: Tony Bradley
App-V, Med-V, VDI, virtualization, Windows
Despite the push to the cloud–or even because of the push to the cloud–desktop virtualization remains a hot topic for IT admins. Microsoft continues to hone its virtualization offerings to make it easier to deploy and manage virtual desktops.
The Microsoft Windows for Your Business Blog recently published Top 7 Desktop Virtualization Questions and Answers to address some of the frequently asked questions and help you figure out how to employ virtualization in your infrastructure.
The FAQ covers:
1. What questions do I need to be asking to figure out if desktop virtualization is right for me?
2. Now I know I could benefit from desktop virtualization, so how should I get started?
3. Should I consider VDI and how much does VDI cost?
4. Is VDI the only way to virtualize my desktops?
5. What business problems can I expect desktop virtualization to help me solve?
6. Where do you see desktop virtualization heading in the next one to five years and will my investments today still be valuable tomorrow?
7. Any desktop virtualization tips that I might not have heard of?