Microsoft is epanding its program offering up certain Microsoft Press titles for free beyond PDF to include other ebook formats like Kindle.
Paul Thurrott shares details of the new program on his SuperSite for Windows blog. Thurrott also explains that the new ebook formats are preferable to the PDF versions because they have the ability to “reflow”–or adjust on the fly to fit the screen size and orientation of the device.
The free titles available are:
- Programming Windows Phone 7 (Charles Petzold)
- Moving to Micorosft Visual Studio 2010 (Patrice Pelland, Pascale Pare, and Ken Haines)
- Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (Ross Mistry and Stacia Misner)
- Introducing Windows Server 2008 R2 (Charlie Russel and Craig Zacker)
- Own Your Future, Update Your Skills with Resources and Career Ideas from Microsoft (Katherine Murray)