Let me start off an say, it’s long overdue. Ray is a one smart dude but he stayed on the Micorsoft team a little too long for me. I would have to wonder why he stayed so long there?
If I were to interview Ray I would ask the following questions:
1. When you arrived at Microsoft did you plan on staying this long?
2. Do you think Microsoft understands the future of collaboration in the enterprise?
3. With such a disjointed product set, limited platform choices and them giving away products to beat companies like Lotus & IBM does Microsoft have the focus in the right places?
4. Why is Sharepoint a huge load of crap, and is giving it away the only way they can get it market share?
5. Does the rest of the world know why Lotus Notes & Domino, some 15 years later, is still a visionary application, while Microsoft Exchange & Outlook are one trick ponies in comparison?
These are the questions I would ask. Sadly I don’t think he would sit down with me after gettting to question #4, but I digress.
Good luck to you Ray and lets hope we see you land someplace that has more vision than pushing out average OSes with more issues than you can shake a stick at…..oh was that mean?
LINK – BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11571046
3. Microsoft is a company without a vision. They are profit driven and could care less about the user.
4. Yes David, Sharepoint is th equivalent of dog crap in a box, no one will buy it but they will take it for free.
5. I am Ray Ozzie, I knew Lotus was awesome when I put pen to paper the first time!
Just having some fun is all…..