Aside from simply sounding cool, virtualization is the most efficient way to, well, be efficient: Server virtualization cuts down on how many servers you have laying around, desktop virtualization can cut helpdesk overhead and network virtualization helps keep it all organized without the messy wires getting in the way. Interested in having your cake and eating it too? Then check out these helpful blogs. Care to share your own virtualization goodies? Let us know in the IT Knowledge Exchange forums and hear where other IT professionals get their news, or e-mail me directly and we can add your suggestions to our list.
From the Inside: Editorial & User Blogs
- Search Server Virtualization: Search Server Virtualization editors outline how industry changes and announcements affect how your company uses virtualization.
- Virtualization Pro: SearchVMWare editors provide the grittier bits of the business side along with resources you need to check out.
- Irregular Expressions: User Dan O’Connor reveals vulnerabilities and exploits while sharing virtualization tips and tricks.
From the Outside
- VMBlog: David Marshall keeps track of all things virtualization so you don’t have to.
- Virtualization.Info: Virtualization news headlines compiled and explained in one place.
- AMD’s Virtualization Blog: Best practices for products and services offered by AMD.
- Scott Lowe’s Blog: Contributor to SearchVMware and SearchServerVirtualization, here he blogs about his personal and professional IT experiences, focusing on virtualization, storage and servers.
- Virtual Lifestyle: Joep Piscaer has the virtual cred to back him up; he’s received the highest of recognitions from VMware for his work.
- Virtualize: Martijn Lohmeijer takes us through the steps of implementing VMWare Virtual Infrastructure. Learn what to expect and avoid from his firsthand experience.