Posted by: Michael Tidmarsh
NetApp, Security, TechTarget
Analytics image via Shutterstock
Our TechTarget bloggers were covering all sorts of stories in this week’s roundup including a certain NFL team making waves in the storage industry. Check out which team it was and more!
1. Archiware, Tandberg unveil products; IDC: Big data fuels storage need – John Hilliard (SearchDataBackup)
Jon Hilliard brings us the latest news from around the data backup industry including IDC’s report that big data is driving the need for storage growth, while Archiware and Tandberg Data have new releases for backup customers.
2. ‘Glocalization’ spurs HR to rethink hiring, operation model – Emma Snider (SearchFinancialApplications)
Ever heard of ‘glocalization’? Well during Bersin by Deloitte’s Impact 2013, founder Josh Bersin says HR leaders need to ‘glocalize’ or tailor their practices to fit local markets to keep up with their organization’s global expansion.
3. Enterprise Data World reveals nine principles of analytics rock stars – Mark Brunelli (SearchBusinessAnalytics)
At this year’s Enterprise Data World conference, Bernard Wehbe, founding partner at business intelligence and analytics services firm StatSlice Consulting, offered a list of nine principles that can turn anyone into an analytics rock star.
4. Website vulnerabilities down, but progress still needed, survey finds – George Leopold (SearchSecurity)
According to a WhiteHat Security report, website vulnerabilities have decreased over the past few years, but problems still exist including the remediation time for fixing problems.
5. Denver Broncos score with NetApp filers for primary storage – Sarah Wilson (SearchStorage)
While Peyton Manning and the rest of the Denver Broncos are scoring touchdowns on the field, their small IT team is scoring behind the scenes with its purchase of two FAS2240s from NetApp.