Posted by: Michael Tidmarsh
Cloud, Security, TechTarget
Cyber-security image via Shutterstock
Security, security, and more security! Yes, security is a recurring topic in this week’s roundup. Read on to see why it received so much coverage.
1. Private cloud to public cloud migration gets easier, but obstacles remain – Beth Pariseau (SearchCloudComputing)
Even though cloud migration tools are making it easier for enterprises to migrate from a private to a public cloud, Beth Pariseau says many cloud computing customers are just deciding to do it themselves.
2. KineticD urges government agencies to consider cloud backup – Andrew Burton (SearchSMBStorage)
Andrew Burton reports that KineticD, a small/medium based cloud backup provider, asked government agencies to back up their sensitive data to the cloud instead of on portable devices.
3. DoD security panel calls for new cyber-defense, offense – George Leopold (SearchSecurity)
A recent Pentagon advisory panel has recommended that the United States beef up its cyber-security defenses while building ‘an effective response’.
4. Mobile customer service holds customer frustration at bay – Cameron Kittle (SearchCRM)
Have you ever gone through the trouble of logging on to a mobile app to solve a problem but then had to call customer service anyway? Cameron Kittle says that companies can overcome this challenge with an integrated mobile contact center.
5. Bruce Schneier explains why there is no privacy on the Internet – Editorial Team (SearchSecurity)
In this video interview, security expert Bruce Schneier provides three key examples on why there is currently no privacy on the Internet, including the Mandiant APT1 report.