As you probably know, May was Networking Month at IT Knowledge Exchange. We’ve been busy covering Interop 2011 and all of the latest happenings in the networking world. So if you’ve found yourself as confused about your network as those wires over there, check out some of what we’ve been doing and what we think you shouldn’t miss compiled below for your easy digestion.
Editor Michael Morisy went to Las Vegas this month for Interop 2011. Check out some of his coverage of the conference at the Enterprise IT Watch Blog.
- Vint Cerf: Cloud computing not open enough yet
- As technology advances, human networks still key
- Amid Las Vegas’ chaos, the hunt is on for IT simplicity
Whether you’re attached to your RSS reader or you’re more of a Twitter person, we’ve got some great places for you to add to your daily repertoire of networking brush-ups.
- Read This: Networking Blogs
- Follow Me: Networking Twitter Pros
- Must-Reads for Networking Professionals
SearchNetworking is a great resource for expert advice and whitepapers on all things networking. We’ve picked out just a few, but bookmark it just in case you have an urgent need in the future.
- From the basic definition to the details of troubleshooting, check out this VLAN guide for networking professionals.
- Need an introduction to firewalls? Get the skinny on types of firewalls and how to pick one.
- Hope for the best, plan for the worst with the network disaster recovery planning guide’s best practices.
- Get the most important question answered: Are you prepared when new data center network management concerns arise?
IT Knowledge Exchange Resources
There are several blogs around the community that cover the necessary networking topics.
And of course, the Enterprise IT Watch blog covers the latest goings-on in enterprise tech. Check out all of our blog posts from this and past Networking months!
- NAS device on my network
- Tips for analyzing our network
- Cisco 3750 – EIGRP not on common subnet problem
- Risks in having multiple VPN tunnels on firewall
Contest & Open IT Forums!
Our latest contest ends with Networking Month on May 31, so check out some of the ways you can earn more knowledge points and earn $100!
Join us in June for Cloud Storage month!