Posted by: Michael Morisy
CIO, Guides, IT business alignment in 2010, Twitter
Why should you care about aligning your IT department with business goals?
Are you tired of projects stretching on for months, only to be scuttled for “business reasons”? Looking to boost your job security and get a few more feathers-in-the-cap? Then you’ve come to the right place: The IT Watch Blog is dedicated to pulling together the very best resources for helping you align your IT department with key business priorities.
Frequently Asked Questions about IT business alignment:
- Who are project managers reporting up to?
- Organizational alignment for BASIS
- What is the business value of doing custom inhouse application development?
- What is required for organization to start focusing on business Agility instead of Agile being always IT team focused?
Or check out even more IT business alignment questions answered by our expert community.
For a deeper dive, take a look at some of these excellent blogs and blog posts about aligning business and IT we’ve pulled together from across the Internet.
Blogs and blog posts on IT Business alignment:
- Dilbert on IT / business alignment by Michael Krigsman
- How to get that coffee back: Align to business priorities on the IT Watch Blog
- On IT-business alignment and related things by MWD Advisors
- IT-Business Alignment is Not a Meaningless Catchphrase by Steve Romero
- IT and business alignment: Wrong choice of words? at TotalCIO.
Want to connect directly with experts? Why not try Twitter: We’ve compiled some of the top experts in the area, so follow them or Tweet them directly and they might offer some individualized advice!
Top IT Business alignment Twitter accounts:
What else would make this guide useful to you? Let me know in the comments or e-mail me directly at Michael@ITKnowledgeExchange.com with any additions, corrections or suggestions.