Profile: Michael Morisy
As part of Networking Month on IT Knowledge Exchange, we’ve been highlighting networking questions in the community, and I thought it might be interesting to put together a FAQ on the most asked networking questions and most viewed questions:
- Possible Networking Issue What started as a routine inspection of slow file transfers became a great guide to general network troubleshooting and discussion about whether too many problems are unfairly lumped as “network” by other groups.
- Is the CCNA, MCSE or RHCE a better networking certification to get jobs with high salary? The answer isn’t quite clearcut.
- Unmanaged vs managed switch It might be a bit basic, but it’s also one of the most read questions we have, with an in-depth answer that explains all the benefits unmanaged can offer.
- What is a Cisco console cable? Actually a blog post in the form of a question, David Davis’ explanation dives in with pictures and a clear explanation of how this ubiquitous piece of equipment works.
- How to reset the Cisco Catalyst Switch to Factory Defaults Another blog post, this how-to by Yasir Irfan perpetually is in the most-viewed pages in the site because it does one thing really well: Help IT professionals get on with their jobs.