Contrary to the marketing hoopla we’re being force fed, once all the “cloud” hype settles down the data center as we know it is still going to be around. So, there’s no better time than now to get your physical security and IT ducks in a row to ensure everything in and around the data center stays in check.
Here are several pieces I’ve written on data center management than can help you get rolling:
- Locking Down Today’s Data Centers
- Progression of Convergence: Trends and Tactics
- The latest on convergence and network standards
- Physical security threats to your Linux systems
- Locking Down the Data Center of Tomorrow
Several of these pieces are from another trade rag I write for called Security Technology Executive, a great resource for all things data center related.
Kevin Beaver is an independent information security consultant, expert witness, author, and professional speaker with Atlanta-based Principle Logic, LLC and a contributor to the IT Watch Blog. You can reach Kevin through his website at www.principlelogic.com and follow him on Twitter at @kevinbeaver.